My Baby Is One

I'm late getting this out, as usual.  Jonathan, my sweetest little baby boy turned the big One on March 31st.  It honestly doesn't seem like it could have been a whole year ago.  I remember his birth still very vividly.  My first homebirth.  My longest labor.  The best night of sleep after having a baby.  How could that all have been a year ago?


And now, that tiny little baby is my big little baby.  I say little because he's still on the shrimpy side, but he is growing and healthy.  He's learning all sorts of new tricks.  He raises his hands for "So Big", plays peekaboo, can stand unassisted for a couple of seconds, signs "more", "please", and "thank you", says, "Mama", "Dada", "Bye" and "Baaa" for "boo" (playing peekaboo), and I can tell that he's trying to say other things but they're a little indiscernible unless you're there.




I love seeing him learn! I'm excited, for the most part, of seeing his personality come through more and more.    I'm a little leery that he's going to turn into one of our big kids - loud, opinionated, and stubborn (just like Mom and Dad).  But, on the flip side, I'm excited that he might be like our big kids - fun, goofy, bright, and passionate (just like Mom and Dad).

Here they all are in their Easter attire:






Gosh I love these kids!  God has truly blessed us abundantly!

Comments

bree said…
Livvy looks so much like you in the picture! So cute!
algrundst said…
Yep, looks like a Cutlip!

Popular Posts

The Cutlip Family