Three-Ringed Circus

Today I felt like I joined the circus. Well, maybe joined isn't the right word. Maybe, I felt like my life became a three-ringed circus, would be a better way of phrasing it.

There I was, the ringmaster, standing in the middle of the big tent trying to tame, train and, frankly, not get eaten alive by three ferocious animals - their cuteness is only a cover. In one ring I had Livvy, wild and crazy, always on, always asking some question or another tiring my feeble mind. Sammy was in the next ring, walking the tight-rope. Would he stay on and be his happy, goofy, loving little self? Or would he waiver, disobey, and crash in foolish defiance? Lastly, there was Ben's little ring. Really he's ring doesn't have much going on in it, a few "no, don't touch"s, but that's manageable. It's just that his ring is usually located right under or slightly next to my feet. Just to attend to what's happening in the next ring, I'm having to do a little shuffle-high step to get away from his reach.

It really wasn't even a bad day. I think I would have really enjoyed it, but...for some reason my heart wasn't in it. I just wanted to run away from the circus and join a home. But, from what I hear, most homes are a circus, some just more orderly and godly than others. And honestly, I wouldn't want any other circus or home. I love my life, my kids, Tom and I's relationship, our God-driven parenting philosophy...maybe I'll just finish my little "drink" and go to bed early. Tomorrow is a new day.


Last Wed the kids and I went to the Teddy Bear Picnic. Livvy spent most of the time sitting with anybody who would read her a story.
Sammy just followed the teddy bear around...in awe.
Our little Ben turned 11 months old on Sun. I can't believe it!
"This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it"

Comments

Popular Posts

The Cutlip Family