This and That

OK, you're never going to believe this...well, if you know Livvy than this will not come as a surprise to you. So, here it goes, as we're eating dinner last night, with the typical, "Sammy, you have to at least try it" and "Livvy, quit talking and keep eating", we notice that Livvy is just mumbling to herself (not so uncommon). We ask her what she's talking about and she says, get this, "Why are you making me eat this girl's food?". What??? Turns out, through questioning, that we were talking to Elkaluna (only a name an almost 4-year-ild could make up) who said that Livvy wasn't there, but maybe we could adopt her (Elkaluna). "OK. I suppose we could adopt you since Livvy isn't here anymore". But then Elkaluna wanted a new name. "What should we name you?" She wanted to be renamed Olivia. "OK. We'll name you Olivia and call you Livvy". Sounded good to her. "So now Livvy... Eat your food". Should we be concerned?

And here's Ben, I mean Sam, I mean... Poor kid, he was here first and we keep forgetting his name. So far he doesn't seem to notice, I hope he doesn't take it personally. He's such a sweet little guy, stubborn (he takes after his mama - I admit it. Tom whole-heartedly agree, that I'm stubborn that is), but very sweet. This morning he wanted to pretend he was a baby, so I snuggled him and rocked him for a minute or two. Then he wanted down and went racing off to play with trucks or something. Where, oh where did the time go?

Here's my sweet sleeping little Ben - actually I should say Big Ben...you should see the thighs on this kid.


Well, that's what up with the kids. Us? We're doing well. Tom's arm is healing nicely. Because of where the break is he won't be going back to work until Jan 4th - ugh. He's able to help out more and more with the house building, but he still can't really swing a hammer or hold any kind of power tool. He's out there with Dad, doing what he can.

Dad is getting things done...and I think he's a little done too. He's getting more and more anxious to go home. Which is completely understandable - he's been here since the end of May.

Mom is doing everything she can think of doing in the house and for us. She cooks, cleans, does laundry, even dusted my plants this morning. Boy, I'm going to have a rude awakening when she leaves... You mean I've got to do all that?

And me...I'm trying to stay busy with the kids. God's working on smoothing out a lot of my rough edges - not the most pleasant of experiences all the time, but then, very necessary and good.
Things have slowed down a bit with the house since our hired help finished their jobs...and we have no more funds to pay for luxuries like that. Dad and Tom are currently outside hanging garage doors. The guy we bought them from said it was about an 8-hour job...it's going on 12 hours. But, hey, they've never done this before, Tom's missing an arm...hee, hee, hee.

Here's a few pix of what they've done with the house and some more random pix of the kids:

Putting up the Tyvek.
Left-handed hammering.

First garage panel in place. Yeh!
All panels in place, still a lot of work to do.

Chalk list of who lives at 6150 E Peaks Pkwy

"I baptize you, my sister..."

Livvy gave Pop-pop some sticker tatoos, doesn't he look pleased.
Livvy and Sammy showing off their bird house that we hammered together

Comments

Kristen said…
The picture of Livvy with her Pop Pop is hilarious! And what a creative way for her to try to get out of eating her dinner!

Popular Posts

The Cutlip Family