Fun and Not-So-Fun

Well hello again. A lot has happened over the past couple of weeks...where do I begin? Should I start with the fun stuff or not-so-fun stuff? Let's start with the fun stuff and go from there.

Mom C. flew to Phx last Thurs (Sept 25th) and on Fri my parents brought her up to join Dad while the house is getting dried in. Dad is very glad she's here to make him some some good-mid-west-cooking...not all this Mexican stuff that I make. Mom C. got to meet Ben for the first time and she's already jumping in and helping with the cooking and cleaning. Fun.



Tom and Sammy celebrated their birthdays last week also. Tom got a cool flashlight, a pair of pants and some STUD pinnochle cards. Sammy got some clothes and a new Tonka truck. Fun!

My parents, brother and his family (Rob, Beth, Abbi and Braeden - Rob is my brother, Beth is my SIL, and...you understand) came up on Friday. On Sat, we (minus Dad C., my Dad and Tom) took the kids to Home Depot's Kid Workshop. The kids got to make fire engines - cool! Then we attempted to see some Fall colors , but rain forced us to head home early. Livvy and Sammy had a grand time playing with their cousins, and us adults enjoyed each other's company. Fun.

Now, onto the house stuff. As of today, all of the first floor walls are framed, the rim and floor joists are in place, and the plywood sheathing is up on the joists waiting to be laid out and screwed in. Fun. Unfortunately, while performing some sort of construction gymnastics, Tom fell off a ladder and broke his arm (his radial end to be exact). Ouch! Not-so-fun. Thankfully he has short-term disabilty that he will use for the next 6 weeks while his arm heals. Please be praying for him; he's a little frustrated and bummed that he can't be helping out like he wants to.


It struck me today, as I was watching my dad and Dad C. pull these heavy pieces of plywood onto the roof, how much our dads (our parents...even parents in general) were giving of themselves. I mean, they might be doing all of this labor intensive work because they just love breaking a sweat in 50 degree weather, but I don't think so. They were up there breaking their backs because they love us. And certainly not that I ever doubted that, but... Here Tom and I are sacraficing our time, freedoms etc, to raise these 3 kids. When they're 30 years old, most likely we'll still be sacraficing (just like our dads) for them. It never stops...and that's such a good thing, such a picture of Christ's unending love and sacrafice for us. Sorry to get a little deep on you, but I just feel so blessed. Fun. Very fun.


Comments

Looks like you've had some fun and a lot on your hands! Sorry to hear about Tom's arm, that is a bummer!

Popular Posts

The Cutlip Family