Jonathan - 4 Months

Another month has come and gone.  Jon continues to be a happy, easy-going baby - I feel so blessed!  While in OH he learned how to roll completely from his back to belly.  He also loves to talk, spit, and be tickled.  The big kids love him and usually fight over who gets to hold him.  The boys are usually good with once a day.  Livvy wants him first thing after he wakes up and finishes nursing.  She's a very good little mommy.


A lot of people ask me if I feel differently about Jonathan because of Noah.  My first answer is, "No", but...  I find myself holding him a little longer, stroking his soft skin, and just being aware that he...well he moves.  I rarely felt Noah move while I was pregnant, and then we only got to hold his lifeless little body for a few short hours. 

I try not to let my mind wander into what Noah would have looked like, how big he would have been, etc.  I don't think letting my mind go there is a healthy, godly thing to do.  For whatever reason, Noah was exactly as God intended him to be.  He looked like God designed him to look like, and he was with us for the exact amount of time that God meant for him to be with us.  God is sovereign and nothing/no one can thwart His will - there are no accidents or mistakes with God.  I do not claim to fully understand it all or like it for that matter, but I believe it's true.  Believing anything else minimizes God, His will and His power.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.  Phil 4:8

Comments

Popular Posts

The Cutlip Family