This and That

We had a fun family weekend. On Saturday, after naps we drove up to Lockett Meadow for a campfire, hot dogs and s'mores. Somehow after living in Flagstaff for nearly sixteen years, I have never been up there (though I did bike to the Inner Basin one year). It was near perfect timing as far as the colors go. A good number of leaves were still clinging to the trees and the rest made a beautiful golden floor to walk on.

Then on Sunday after naps, we finished up our Apples lesson for school. We had 11 different apples to measure and sample, 10 that we bought at the store and one from our tree. It was a fun and tasty experiment. In the end, Tom and I preferred Fuji and Honeycrisp, Livvy liked the Red Delicious, and Sammy liked Granny Smith and Ambrosia (mostly because it was the biggest apple that we bought).

This week has been fairly uneventful so far. We've done school in the morning, AWANAs on Monday night, and that's about it. Today we went to Sam's club and loaded up on all sorts of crunching, salty and sweet things for me to nibble on throughout the day...warding off morning sickness. At night after dinner I usually end up curled up in a ball on the couch. Last night we plugged into Hulu.com to pass the time and take my mind off of wanting to puke. I think I'm really going to like high-speed internet.

Comments

Mitchell Family said…
Morning sickness...eh? Congratulations! When is this next little blessing due? I hope the first trimester flies by...it is such a terrible feeling and I can't imagine caring for 3 other kiddos at the same time!

Popular Posts

The Cutlip Family