Sammy's 3rd Birthday

So last Thurs our little Sammy turned three! He had a very fun birthday and birthday weekend. We have a tradition around here that the birthday boy, girl, etc. gets their favorite food for their birthday dinner. Tom gets Red Lobster (which, by the way we all enjoyed on Sunday evening because it was Tom's birthday...I'm so glad he likes Red Lobster), I get Fratelli's pizza (it's so good!), Livvy usually asks for asperagus, corn-on-the-cob, french fries and shrimp (she has expensive taste), and Sammy...well, Sammy loves mac-n-cheese. So I made homemade mac-n-cheese for the first time in my life. He liked it but I don't think he thought it was better than good 'ol Kraft out of the box. Oh well, it was the thought that counts.

That night he got to open his present from Grammie and Pop-pop. A big dump truck! He was so thrilled. Lately he's been hooking up his dump truck to his trike and "towing" it around the house.


That weekend we had our annual Baker family getaway at Ft Tuthill. My parents, our family, and my brother Rob, Beth and their three kids...so that's six adults and six kids, not bad odds. My parents rent the big cabin for all of us to stay in and it is lots of fun...especially for the kids. They just love being at the cabin with the cousins, playing in the woods and going on hikes.


Friday night after pizza we had birthday cake. I had Sammy look through a book of different party cakes, dinosaurs, trucks, balls, etc. and he wanted a train cake. His absolute most favorite book is The Little Engine That Could. So, I went to work on making him a train birthday cake that looked, or at least resembled the Little Blue Engine. I'm not sure if I totally accomplished my goal, but I think it turned out really well and, the most important thing, Sammy loved it!

Here's some little snip-it's of Sammy this week: upon putting the fireball in his mouth that was the light on top of the Little Blue Engine, Sammy said, "This is spicy...but I can handle it." "Follow me guys." "But I don't want to." Pray that Sammy makes it to his fourth birthday;).

Comments

Popular Posts

The Cutlip Family