Birthday Catch-Up

I realized the other day, as I was wanting to blog about Livvy's birthday, that I had never blogged about Sammy's or Ben's.  Oh brother!  Time just totally got away from me in the blogging arena.

And so before it's no longer 2012, I will climb back into the recesses of my brain and see what I can recall about each kid's birthday:


Ben - Turned 4 in July!

Big Lug. loves Girafee, Pup-O, Cheetah, and gum!  command man.   Bubba.  distractable.  "tickle my  back".  loud!  dirt-stained face and feet. chatty. fun. easily angered.  adorable. rough and tumble.  physical. opinionated.  tentative & then ALL in.















Ben had a pool party down in Phoenix.  He had a Po (from Kung Fu Panda) cake - only to find out after the fact, the kid doesn't like butter-cream frosting.  How am I supposed to decorate a cake without butter-cream frosting?  Go figure.  I guess I'll have to learn something new.





Sammy - Turned 6 in September!

thinker.  hard-working.  reading.  loves legos, cuddles, bugs, & games.   sensitive.  "what can I do for you, Mama?"  grasshopper hunter.  creative.   shirtless & barefooted.   persistent.  "Money" (how Jon says his name).  goofy.  go-getter. impatient.   gardener. 
















Sammy had his first all-boy birthday party.  He wanted an Angry Bird cake - which proved to be a fun challenge (I can't believe I didn't get a good picture of it - oh well, there's always next year).



















Livvy - Turned 8 in November!

little mommy.  helper.  goofy.  fun-loving.  leader.  empathetic.  bookworm!!    loves: Amy Carmichael, Laura Ingalls, A to Z mysteries, & The Box Car Children.  Wants to go to India and tell the children about Jesus & a baby sister.  tenderhearted. 



















Livvy had her first all-girl birthday party.  She said she didn't want a theme cake.  She just wanted to play some games and then play dolls with her friends.






























It's been quite the adventure so far watching them grow.  I am so blessed to know them and to spend my days with them. 


And not to be left out, here's Jon (who will be two in three months):






Comments

Popular Posts

The Cutlip Family