Burdened

Why does it seem like everywhere I turn there is another family who has lost a baby?  There are blogs upon blogs dedicated to babies who have died for various or even unknown reasons.  And how many more are out there that don't blog?  Too many.  Way too many.

A sweet family that I have never met but have been e-mailing back and forth, just lost their sweet little baby girl to Trisomy 18.  My heart is hurting so much for them.  I so wanted their story to be different from ours.  I wanted God to step in and change the doctor's diagnosis.  If not for us, why not for them?


Oh God, please...  Reveal yourself to us.  I don't understand Your ways.  Help me to see You like Job saw You (Job 42:5).  I know that you orchestrated Joseph's troubles to save all of Israel (Gen 50:20).  I know that even Jesus learned obedience through suffering (Heb 5:8,9).  Is that what I'm supposed to learn?   Jesus said that we would have troubles, but we're to be "of good cheer" (John 16:33).  How Lord?  Help me again to surrender all to You.  To trust You to work out Your good will in my life, in our lives.  Help me to praise you through these storms.  Help me to not just endure, but to thrive.


Psalm 143:5-12

I remember the days of old;
I meditate on all Your works;
I muse on the work of Your hands. 
I spread out my hands to You;
My soul longs for You like a thirsty land. 
Answer me speedily, O Lord;
My spirit fails!
Do not hide Your face from me,
Lest I be like those who go down into the pit. 
Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,
For in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,
For I lift up my soul to You. 
Deliver me, O Lord, from my enemies;
In You I take shelter. 
Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Your Spirit is good.
Lead me in the land of uprightness. 
Revive me, O Lord, for Your name's sake!
For Your righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble. 
In Your mercy cut off my enemies,
And destroy all those who afflict my soul;
For I am Your servant.

Comments

Popular Posts

The Cutlip Family