Just Us Five

We're on our own for the first time in 6 months (minus the 2 weeks that Jim went back to OH in July for 2-1/2 weeks). Jim and Carol left for home early Friday morning after a wonderful Thanksgiving time with friends and family. Tom is now without his dad...there's been one call already to ask some questions. I'm sure they'll be more. Because Carol did such a wonderful job of spoiling us/me, I had to remind myself that I could do it all. I had done it all before..."I think I can. I think I can." And so far, we're doing great.

For me I need/want to get back to my schedule and my routine that I had before the tiredness of pregnancy set in sometime last year. So, yesterday we got back to it. We were all up in the morning at 7am, had breakfast together at 7:30, Tom read to us from Matthew at 8:00 (this is new to our schedule, but I've been excited about making it apart of our morning for a couple of months now), and the kids watched Sesame Street at 8:30. The rest of the day we ran errands and got some chores done around the house.
And Ben...poor little Ben. His world has changed so much. It started Mon when we got home from Phx...no Grammie to rescue him when he got bored. No Pop-pop to hold him after dinner. And then that night he got booted out of our bedroom and was put in the pack-n-play in the nursery with strict instructions to sleep through the night. He's had a bad habit of getting up at least once during the night just needing a binki and then getting up on the early side to eat. So, he's been left to fuss it out. And surprise, surprise he's hardly done any fussing...go figure. Now, I just need to learn to sleep through the night. I got up twice last night to check on Ben to make sure he was ok...talk about silliness.
So anyway... We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Friday night the little cousins decorated the Christmas tree. On Sat we went to Sahuaro Ranch Park to play on the playground and visit the rose garden where Tom and I got married 6 years ago (now that's crazy). On Sun I got to hang out with my best friend Mandy who was passing through and heading home to Denver. We had a great time catching up and playing with the kids. Good times. And now...Good night.

Comments

Popular Posts

The Cutlip Family