Livvy's Birthday & More

Well, we're officially parents of a 4-year-old. I'm not quite sure what that's going to mean, but that's what we have. It's still a little unbelievable. Where, oh where did the time go (don't our mothers always say stuff like that? maybe it's not just old-age to blame)? Livvy had a grand time on her actual birth day and at her birthday party. On Thur (the actual day), my mom came up with my Aunt Shirl. We had homemade pizza and opened some presents. That night Tom took Livvy out on her first date-with-dad (I think we're starting a tradition). She got all fancied-up and Tom took her to China Star Buffet - "They have shrimps!"

Yesterday, we had some of Livvy's little girlfriends over. They got dressed up, had snacks, decorated pink crowns, danced to princess music, and ate birthday cake. Nice, simple, and all Livvy favorites. I even made a doll/princess cake. I was a little frustrated with not getting the icing cake-free, but I'm glad I made it. Next time it'll be better. I guess what really matters is that Livvy liked it - I bet she didn't even notice the little chocolate flecks in the doll's dress.


Saturday night we had our good friends the Castles over for dinner. Here's Livvy and Sammy with their daughter Anneliese. And the next picture is of Ben and their 8-month-old Elijah.


On Friday Ben turned 4-months old. He's really not doing anything particularly new, but...He's just a really good baby. Loves to just hang out, be held, of course, and loves Livvy and Sammy. They can really make him giggle. I guess the biggest thing is that 3 nights ago he slept a little over 8 hours!! Not that he repeated the same the last two nights (darn it!) but we're getting closer. Usually he wakes still once during the night and he whimpers a little and then goes back to sleep. But, since he's in our room, we, or at least I, hear it. I used to get up and give him a binki until I realized he was developing a bit of a habit, so we decided to let him cry (he's a chunk! I know he's hungry). For a little more than a week now he just goes back to sleep on his own and is starting to show that he's over the habit and will sleep through without even waking - yeah!!!

After church yesterday, we had some other friends, the Baughs with their 2 boys Alex and Hunter, over for lunch. After eggs, bacon and pancakes we gave Jackson and Ruthy the tour of the addition (what's done so far at least) and the kids found some mud to play in - how typical.


The guys are still working on the siding. It's turing out to be quite a lengthy process. They have the SW side toally completed, up to the top of the windows in the front done and are currently working on the NW side (which "should" be the easiest side to do - but anytime you say that around here, it usually takes several days more than anticipated).

Well, that's all for now. Tonight we're going out to The Horseman's Lodge to eat to celebrate Pop-pop's birthday. He definitely deserves a big fine meal after all the hard work he's done...plus, he keeps blaming me for only serving him Mexican food and making him loose 40 something pounds. Anybody else need to loose weight? Come and live with us. Apparantly either my cooking is poor or Mexican food is so spicy that it makes the pounds just fall off. :)

Comments

Popular Posts

The Cutlip Family