Randoms From the Week

Our first official week of summer is coming to an end. It's been a busier than usual week, especially for summer break. Livvy and I commented that we hope all of summer isn't like this week.

Monday started off by spending 2hrs at the urgent ortho. Zacky broke his tibia on Saturday morning
(we didn't know it was broken). He and Danner thought that they could lower the tailgate of the utility trailer all by themselves. Danner came running to the house, "Zacky's smooshed! Zacky's smooshed!" Zac was pinned under the tailgate. His head and back had a couple of minor scrapes, but he immediately wanted ice for his leg. There was no bruising, no swelling. Nothing that would indicate anything serious, so we gave him some ibuprofen and just kept an eye on him. As Sunday was winding down, we knew where we'd be heading in the morning. Turns out, Zac has a spiral fracture of his left tibia. He must have turned around as the tailgate was coming down. Poor kid! He's quite the trooper, less than one day with the cast on and lots of TLC, he's hobbling around, no problem. 

Our Airbnb is going very well. It's super fun to meet people from all over the United States and beyond. We've met people from Texas, Ohio, Utah, Phoenix, and even South Africa! It's a pretty nice gig. The family that just left had a nine year old boy that Ben, Jon and Danner played with. They thought it was pretty cool to import some new friends.

There are rubber bands all over the floor. It's one of Danner's favorite toys (he reminds me of Ben and how he played). I want to take them away, but he enjoys them so much. It's a great, creative toy that allows him to tie up all his action figures, etc. He plays with them in some make-believe world for an hour or more. But, it's costing me a bit of my sanity. He tries to pick them all up, but somehow he misses 2 to 15 of them and then I'll randomly spot them lying in every room of the house. 

I thought I made an appointment at USPS to get Livvy and Sam passports for a missions trip we're doing in January. After waiting 30 minutes, turns out, I didn't. Somehow I didn't hit all the right buttons to confirm the appointment, and I'll have to try it again.

I forgot Ben's NAU speech and language appointment on this morning. I didn't think we were starting this week so I didn't put it on my calendar. We went on Tuesday after a phone message on Monday said we were starting this week. Talked about coming again on Thursday, but...I didn't put it on my calendar.

Sam bought a new pet. He's a three year old pin-striped ball python. Beautiful colors and markings. Sam's in heaven. He named him Thor.

 Ben and I went on a date last night (one parent takes one child per month, then we switch parents). We ended up at Sonic. Ben had a grape slushy with nerds. I ate too much of a Peanut Butter Master Shake I bought for Tom. We also play a game on our dates. Qwirkle is a favorite. Ben won.













Danner has been hunting bugs. He grabs his little bug net and is in the yard for hours hunting. Patiently hunting. Every now and then he'll come in to show me one if his finds. An ant (yes, just one). A very tiny beetle. A grasshopper. Or two.

Ben and Jon have been very occupied with completing the Missions for the library's summer reading program. They really want to get all the points as soon as possible (with maybe not to have to actual read a lot) so they can get the prizes. They look like they're going to be good. Chick-fil-A, Chipotle, Your Pie - Yum!

Liv and Sam have been working on the reading program as well. They just sit and read for hours. They've also been gathering items for Hume and putting everything in their bags. They are very excited for camp! They leave this Saturday morning and come back next Saturday evening.

Livvy's also been busy flipping the trailer, babysitting, and getting some fun hanging out time with friends. It's hard to keep up with the life of a busy, non-driving teenager. I'm loving the times with her, driving her here and there. I know that this time will soon pass and she'll be off on her own. I'm soaking in all the time that I can.

Ben, Jon. Danner and Zac will head to Phoenix this coming Sunday. They will spend the week with Oma and Opa, go to Northwest Community Church's VBS. Hopefully they'll have fun, be good and get a lot of swimming in.

That means, Tom and I are ALONE! For ONE WHOLE WEEK!! We get this week every year and it is a glorious thing! I have a list of things I want to get done. School stuff. House stuff. Read a book. Tom is actually taking two days off so that we can work on our over-filled, neglected garage, and paint or wash our orange brick fireplace. We usually eat out a couple of times. I'm excited!!

Here's to summer!

Comments

Popular Posts

The Cutlip Family