Livvy's 9th Birthday

It's a little late.  Well, just a couple of months late.  But, hey, I'm finally getting it down and I do have many valid excuses.

Our little Livvy-girl.  Not so little Livvy-girl.  I know people say it all the time, but really...how is it that nine years have flown by?  When I look around at others' baby girls or first babies, I know that they have no idea how quickly it really goes by.  I certainly didn't.

Anyway, onto the details:

Livvy, being the silly, goofy girl that she is wanted a snake party.  I'm not quite sure why.  I asked her and never truly got a good answer.  She has seen multiple times the snake cake that I made her for her 3rd birthday and must have thought that a repeat was in order.

I, on the other hand, had a grander scheme in mind.  She wanted a snake party.  I'd give her a snake party with a twist.  

The girl loves mysteries.  She's read all of the A to Z Mysteries, lots of the Nancy Drew mysteries, and almost all of the Mandie books.  Solving and creating mysteries is something that she seeks out, even if it's unknown footprints in the back yard.

I decided to make her party, The Case of the Disappearing Snake Party.

The morning of her party (Sunday morning) she helped me decorate the kitchen with streamers and paper curly snakes taped to the ceiling.  We got out all the bowls, cups and snacks and lined them up on the island.  Then we went to church.

Unbeknownst to her, on Saturday night Tom and I went over to our neighbors garage and decorated it in the same fashion that was done in our kitchen.  We had also placed hidden clues throughout the house that Livvy and her friends would have to solve in order to find the subsequent clue, and then finally having to put them all together to spell out party's new location.


Upon leaving the house for church that morning, one of us ran back in to "get something" and tore down all the decorations, bagged up all of the snacks, and left them on the island for our neighbor to grab and run over to the real party.  It was all so fun to plan and scheme.

When we got home from church, Livvy and her friends headed from the garage into the kitchen. Livvy was shocked that there was no evidence of a party anywhere.  Except, laying in the middle of the empty island was a note, the first clue.

The girls had fun sorting and solving all of the clues and finally making it over to our sweet neighbors' garage (thank you Jane and Carolyn!).  It was a memorable party for a very sweet, fun-loving, not-so-little little girl.







Comments

Popular Posts

The Cutlip Family