This Parenting Thing

Eight years ago when I entered this journey called parenting I was sorely niave.  I didn't realize how much of parenting little ones is really "parenting", for lack of a better word, myself.  I didn't realize how much I didn't know.  I didn't realize how applicable the Bible really is.

I remember asking a freind for the reason I should give the kids for not hitting each other.  "Umm...it's not nice."  My knowledge of the Christian life, even though I had attended Bible studies, led Bible studies, and went on several mission trips was relegated to something headier than, "Why not hit?" 

Now my spiritual eyes have been opened and I realize how much I'm lacking, how much I don't know, and how the Bible does indeed speak into every area of life that I'm desparate to live out  and teach these little ones.  And now with this information, I realize how far I have to go and how way too often I'm failing miserably.

Thank you God for your grace and truth.

Comments

Popular Posts

The Cutlip Family