My Grandma

This afternoon, February 7th, 2010, my grandma, Millie Baker, went home. She was 90 years old. Five years ago today, my grandpa died...I wonder if she knew. I pray that they are together in heaven walking down the streets of gold.

I have very fond memories of my grandma. She had a wonderful memory! I loved listening to her stories. She was the only child of an older couple living in Boston in the 1920's. Not only could she tell you all of the addresses of where she lived when she was growing up, she would tell you all about the neighbors, the neighborhood, the history of the neighborhood, what she did when she lived there, etc.

I remember her saying that when she and my grandpa got married, she didn't know how to boil water. She learned. She birthed nine children. The first she told me died at birth or shortly after, she never saw him. Eight more babies followed, my dad (pictured with Grandma on the right) being the second. The first four were born in Canada, the last four in up-state New York. And some point in the late 60's or early 70's they moved to Simi Valley, CA. That's where they spent the remainder of their lives.

I am so thankful that we were able to go see her just weeks ago to celebrate her birthday. I know that at least Livvy will have some memories of my wonderful grandmother.

She was truly an amazing woman. I was proud to be her granddaughter.

Comments

Bree Wilson said…
So sorry to hear about your Grandma,what a blessing that you got to see her for her birthday!!!

Popular Posts

The Cutlip Family