Redeemed

Redeem - to rescue, restore

Plead my cause and redeem me; Revive me according to Your word. Psalm 119:154

...who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works. Titus 2:14

Well...the day was not lost. The children didn't however wake up from their naps as new and improved, sinless little beings. We still had our little issues throughout the day, but it did go better than the morning. Truly I was praying that a miracle would occur in their sleep and, Poof! Angels. But no...angelic children only come by years of quiet, patient, training filled with truth and love, wisdom, praying that God would work in their hearts.

In Raising Godly Tomatoes, it talks about embracing these times when the kids are misbehaving. Welcome them as times that you can see their hearts, really work on correcting them so that they can change and grow to be godly adults. Even though it's hard now to correct these precious little ones now, it'll be so much harder to not do it now, and have to deal with the disrespectful, defiant teenager in 10 or so years.

Tomorrow is a new day and I'm praying that I have more opportunities to teach godliness to my kiddos...maybe I'll even learn a little something too:).

Comments

Kristen said…
What a great perspective you have!

Popular Posts

The Cutlip Family